I followed the pattern for the 9-adult. That's a HUGE size range. HUGE! I did 7 rows of the 'puff' stitches, the hat is kinda slouchy on her and although she's average for her age. I'd cut out a row of the 'puff' stitches and add another row of the single crochet brim. I used Hobby Lobby's I love this cotton and a size M hook. For the flower I used this tutorial.
I recently ordered some Jacquard acid dyes and want to try dyeing my own yarn. I can't wait to get started with that one! I think I'm going to try Kool-Aid dyeing too, the acid dyes can get pricey, Dharma Trading has the best price at $3.55 for a 1/2 oz container. I picked up Jet Black, Silver Grey, & Hot Fuschia, can't wait to see how that turns out! I'll definitely post those results.
The only things I've been up to is decluttering and purging TONS of stuff. Clothes that are too small for the kids, clothes I don't want or like, magazines that have built up, and just other miscellaneous crap that's built up over the past year or so. I finally cleaned off my sewing desk and this is the end result:
You can actually SEE the top rather than assume it's there. The top is still a bit cluttered but it's always been like that. The floor is devoid of thread and fabric scraps and all of my rulers have been returned to their proper spot.
We're wanting to buy a house in the near future so I'm hoping decluttering now will make the move a LOT easier. Especially since we're going to hire movers but pack it ourselves.