June 17, 2012

Block One done!

I finished the first block in the FQS mystery designer BOM.  Let me just say I love that there was enough fabric for two blocks because I actually made this one twice and my first was over an INCH too small!  My seam allowance was a perfect scant 1/4" my cuts were flawless so when I made the second I adjusted my seam allowance to it was two thread widths scant instead of one and that seemed to do the trick.  I also pressed uber carefully too.  The second was a perfect 12.5" on the nose!  No trimming required.




Excuse the crappy cell pic...I still have yet to find my camera charger!

1 comment:

  1. Nice to know someone else had the same problem, I'll be making a second one too. ;)

    ReplyDelete

i love comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...