June 16, 2009

THE BIG REVEAL!!!!

Alrighty, here's the fabric! Now, there is one honey bun missing but I couldn't wait any longer to reveal the good stuff! There was a mix up with my order and I got some Joel Dewberry swatches that are very pretty and I just may have to buy for another quilt. I've already sewn 3 lengths of 6 strips from the honey bun and might not need that 2nd one but we'll see, I might just make some shams with them.

For the girls quilt I'm using Soire'e honey buns by Lila Tueller for Moda. This has got to be the sweetest fabric for any little girl! I'm doing a rail fence type quilt for this one as the strips are perfectly cut for it.





And for the boys quilt I'm using Arcadia by Sanae for Moda. I've chosen charm packs for this quilt and am doing a disappearing 9 patch. The solid squares are just unbleached muslin.





I'm SO excited to get these quilts underway and finished! My 1/4" foot came in today as well and I'm in love! I think my next purchase will be a darning/free motion foot, I'm getting an itch to stipple them myself.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

i love comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...