Anyways, I picked it up at the post office on Monday (wouldn't fit in my mail box), and the darn thing taunted me. I searched high and low for patterns to use but ultimately ended up doing something of a rail fence. I'm probably going to add a border or two to make it a little bigger but as of now it's about 47x57, so a decent sized lap quilt.
ignore the two colored walls, a rack fell off the wall and it has to be fixed before I can paint it
All I did was cut the layer cake up into 2.5" strips, sew into blocks of 5, and squared them up to 9 3/4 inches. I didn't care that some strips on ended up being skinnier than the others, in fact I kinda like it like that.
It took me all of 4 hours from start to finish on this one, it went quick! Certainly nice to have a top done this year :D
Now to work on my other UFOs!