February 24, 2013

Second top finish of 2013!

I finished this quilt top today!  My second for 2013, this is a really fun quilt and pretty large for just using one charm pack.  A while back I won a charm pack of Joy from Kate Spain and I must say, it's a gorgeous line! I found some Flurry FQs at a LQS on sale that I was planning on using for the borders but instead decided to use my binding fabric for the borders.  It turned out to be the perfect choice!  Those zig zags really make the quilt complete.  

One thing I'm not pleased about is the inconsistency in the color of the Moda Bella white.  It's not one consistent shade of white.  But hopefully using a white batting will help even things out.  It's actually not as bad as the picture portrays, that's more of a shadow from my boyfriend who is holding it.  He's 5'7" so it's a good sized quilt, perfect for curling up with it and a good book on the couch.  


0 comments:

Post a Comment

i love comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...