July 11, 2009

are you ready for this post?!?!?!

You really sure, I really don't want you passing out at the fact I've completed TWO(!) yes, TWO quilt tops in a matter of just a few weeks. I'm the queen of procrastination, that's just how I roll, so doing BOTH of these while I still have a quilt sandwich sitting as a UFO in my shed, is not something to balk about.

This is my son's quilt, it's made using a variation of the disappearing 9 patch. I used 4 Arcadia charm packs, I actually still have most of the 4th left and an unused fifth one, and about 2 1/2 yards of 36" wide natural muslin. I'm going to batt it using warm 'n natural so this way it doesn't show through the muslin. *please ignore my husbands shoes, in 7 years I've yet to sway the man from black gym shoes*


Now this is the girls quilt. It's made using a rail fence style but as you can see NOTHING matches up to be a rail fence :p And I'm ok with that! I had some seaming issues at the bottom so there are little button adornments to try and hide it, this is the misadventures of a beginner quilter after all! As you saw in the previous post I used rick rack and cotton lace to embellish it. My daughter did see it and loves it but she doesn't yet know it's for her. Made using 2 Soiree honey buns.


Very few left over pieces, maybe 5 or 6 squares, it wasn't enough for a full row. I did score a Soiree charm pack for $5.21(!) on ebay so I'm going to piece the back with those and possibly some white muslin. Maybe large pinwheels??

So is it everything y'all hoped for and more?!

2 comments:

  1. Those are both gorgeous! I would steal your son's quilt in a heartbeat and redecorate our whole bedroom to match it, it is so scrumptious!

    You make me want to quilt...not like a need another hobby!

    ReplyDelete

i love comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...