August 7, 2009

3 more days


Coin Quilt
Originally uploaded by Red Pepper Quilts
Until I'm back in school. My kids have been on my nerves the last few days and I'm so ready to have a valid reason to get out of the house for at least two nites a week, I've been "forgetting" things at the store so I have an excuse to go back. Every Monday and Wednesday from 6-10pm. I. Can't. Wait. Paramedic school, here I come!

While I love being a mom it's definitely not something I was cut out to do full time. My mom and I talked about this once and we're both in the camp that we feel we appreciate our kids more when we're not with them 24/7. Do I feel horrible for that? No. I know my limits, I wish I could be that mom that has it pulled together but the truth is I'm exhausted, barely make it out of my pajamas every day, and I'm lucky to get dinner on the table most days. I need time to myself to be the person I am and the person I want to be.

I also deal with a husband who doesn't think he should lift a finger. He fully thinks that I'm supposed to do everything by myself and he can sit around after he gets home from work and do nothing so that just adds to the stress.

Whew, so with that out, the photo you see is of a quilt I want to make next. If I could get my hands on some Wonderland by Momo for Moda I want to make a stacked coin quilt. Or a Jelly Roll of Figgy Pudding plus some yardage for the sashings. I would like to make a nice sized Christmas quilt this year but with all the other stuff I've got going on it might just have to wait. I have 2 tops waiting for the quilt fairy to come for them (er, wait, that would be ME!) so I'm just taking it one project at a time right now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

i love comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...