August 16, 2009

why quilty adventures may be delayed

As you know I'm a paramedic student. I was one of about 40 selected out of 140+ who applied and it's a very well respected program and obviously a very popular choice. Anyways, here is the reason I very well could be posting sparsely:

- dispatch 4 hours
- ED 148
- 6 successful intubations in the OR with anesthesia
- respiratory 4 hours
- L&D 3 vaginal deliveries
- Various Peds 44 hours
- MICU/CCU 8 hours
- Tele 4 hours
- Surgical Intensive care & Neuro Intensive Care 4 hours
- trauma svc 8 hours
- psych & detox 4 hrs each
- nursing home 8 hours
- cardiac diagnostics 4 hours
- phlebotomy 4 hours
- MINIMUM 200 hours on the ambulance

For my EMT-B license I only had to do the following:
- ED 24 hours
- Private ambulance 8 hours
- Fire dept ambulance 8 hours
- L&D 3 deliveries OR 8 hours
- Dispatch 4 hours

Obviously some of the clinicals for paramedic could be longer than 8 hours, and the ambulance clinicals could be longer because I need specific calls and if I don't get them it means more rides.

So if I go missing don't worry, I'm either at a hospital or an ambulance somewhere.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

i love comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...