August 1, 2009

my first quilt is officially done!!

I've made small projects before but this is a first, a full finished quilt!! Approx. 37x46 it's perfect for a lap quilt. Fabrics in the top are Andalucia by Patty Young for Michael Miller, Michael Miller, Erin Morris, and Delhi by Valori Wells for Free Spirit. Backing is Apples and Pears by Alexander Henry and the binding is Juicy also by Alexander Henry.



I'm no longer afraid of stippling! I practiced a few times and this is far from perfect but I don't care, I have my first finished quilt!


Love that apples & pears fabric!


Close up. Don't you just love all that crinkly goodness??


Batting is Warm & White and thread is 100% mercernized cotton. 4 bobbins, done on my singer 1120 non electronic, unfancy, Walmart special!

2 comments:

  1. Simply beautiful and I love the color combinations and the stippling you did! Thanks for sharing.
    Stop by and visit my blog:
    htttp://quiltingranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your first quilt is wonderful and I love all the crinkly goodness! :)

    ReplyDelete

i love comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...