March 2, 2010

retail therapy

I indulged in some retail therapy in the last couple days because we very unexpectedly lost my grandmother on Friday morning. She was my last remaining biological grandparent and it's hit me hard, I miss her so much it hurts. She passed away 1 year and 21 days after my grandfather, her memorial is this Saturday.

Yesterday class was canceled without any advance notice, we just showed up and there was a note on the door so I headed to the mall and got an outfit for Saturday. Today I headed to Hobby Lobby and got all this (all on sale BTW), and don't you just LOVE that grey floral fabric?!



I also decided to join Uppercase Living as a demonstrator. I had been wanting to do something but I just LOVE all the stuff they have to offer and would gladly splash every wall in my house with their awesomeness so I figured it was only fitting!

7 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about your grandmother. You picked up some great fabrics - love the toile piece. And I've never heard of Uppercase Living, so I will have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry for your loss. It's always hard loosing someone you love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy those pretty, therapeutic items! I am sorry for your loss of your Grandmother, remember her in happy thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to hear of your loss. I know I felt a big void in my life when my grandmother died. Hope you have lots of happy memories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry for your loss. I am sure she left you with many good memories, think often of them.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry for your loss. Retail therapy is good for the soul, though, and you picked up some great finds. Sending you peaceful thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Grammie's are special. Prayerful thoughts going your way.

    ReplyDelete

i love comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...