April 30, 2010

pinwheel unveiled & figgy pudding



That's my pinwheel!!! Mine is measuring about 57" square, I can't wait to see it completely finished! Of course, fabrics are Verna by Kate Spain for Moda. When I took my mom to the airport a couple weeks ago she stopped at my house and I showed her the individual blocks and she fell in love with them. I decided to give this to her for Mother's Day this year. She doesn't know of this blog so my secret is safe :)



This is the quilt I eluded to in my pattern review post. It's all Figgy Pudding and I can't wait to get it finished!! I'm going to use the green damask on the back and quilt it with red thread I think. Now, if I can find the pattern I had in mind for my Plume quilt then I can start cutting and get going on that beast, I'm going King size on that one!

Happy Quilting!!

6 comments:

  1. two awesome quilts in one post! I think your pinwheel is simply smashing--your mom will be overjoyed!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pinwheel quilt! I really like the eighth block you picked! And your figgy pudding quilt is cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look great!! Amazing. I am still trying to get my hands on the figgy pudding fabric. I love anything by Basic Grey. Unfortunately, I think I missed out on this one.
    missnettiequilts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. way to go on your pinwheel, audrey! i love it.hope your mom is tickled by the surprise you have in store for her. how sweet! hugs, kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO pretty!!! I used Verna in mine too, but they look very different :)

    Your mom will be very surprised!!


    SHeilaC

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pinwheels are so pretty! And I always like Figgy Pudding :)

    ReplyDelete

i love comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...