1. I love pre-cuts, hands down these are my go to items. Charm packs, jelly rolls, honey buns, layer cakes, Oh My! They make things SO much easier in the cutting department.
2. I prefer Kona solids over Bella solids. I find Kona tends to be softer and sturdier than Bella solids. I still adore Moda print fabrics though.
3. I tend to stick to fabrics from all one line. I love that it's all matched and color coordinated for me. Takes a lot of the matchy matchy work out of it.
4. I'm not a fan of traditional blocks or all over repeat patterns. Basket blocks? No thanks. Some blocks, however, can be made with modern fabrics and look AMAZING!
5. Applique is beginning to intrigue me but only because I'd love to make a Dear Jane quilt, not too sure that it's something I'd like to tackle had I not seen that quilt.
6. Most of the time I piece my backs. Usually by the time I get around to using a certain fabric line yardage is becoming scarce for backing options. Typically I won't piece a back if I can easily fit a quilt on a single piece of yardage. Or I buy it all at one time and miscalculate how much yardage I'll need especially if I make up the pattern as I go along.
7. I make my binding strips at 2 1/4" wide. I love how tightly it hugs the edges of the quilt. I also tend to do my bindings on the straight grain, me and bias edges are NOT good friends.
8. I hate cutting, see #1.
9. I buy yardage because I like it. That stuff doesn't get used readily.
10. I have a quilt I've been working on for almost a year now. I love the fabric, hate the process of making this quilt. It's tedious and I hate the technique.
What are some of your habits??