April 27, 2011

fabric shopping is wonderful!

It's a REAL good thing I'm not doing the stash report!

I tried getting all the Denyse Schmidt prints from Joann's but was only successful in getting 3 yards of the pink dots and a yard and a half of one of the blues so I bought a FQ bundle on Etsy:

It was only $55 for all 21 prints which works out to $2.62 per FQ, which was worth it for me, I didn't have to hunt down Joann's to go find it all, I checked 3 stores and only found 3 bolts of the stuff total.

Next, I got some cute fabric to make potholders and such from my LQS, I've been eying it for a while so I went ahead and 3 FQs and a 1/2 yard of the toasters:


Fabric is from Robert Kaufmann and is from the Metro Cafe line.  It's all super cute!  I plan on pairing it with some red and aqua solids from my stash.

This little gem came straight from the Basic Grey website itself.  I want to think it was mis-priced because it was only $6.80 and most of the honey buns on their site are around $16.

This is a Sultry honey bun and this line is no longer available.  Thinking of doing Mini Jelly Filled from Thimbleblossoms.  We shall see!


And I got a yard of Bliss tulips in the red colorway for my bee quilt.  My LQS still has some yardage available so I pounced before it's gone forever, it seems to be nowhere online.
This will be the binding.  I was going to go lighter on the binding but it seemed to need something strong to box it all in.

So if my math is right just over 13.5 yards in!  Stash busting time MUST begin yesterday!  The only thing I'm going to allow myself to buy is backing for my bee quilt.  I don't have large enough quantities to do the back for that.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

i love comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...