May 21, 2010

star sampler quilt along

It's here! The star sampler quilt along! We're going to be making 16 different star blocks, with no repeats!

Materials
We will be making 12 inch (finished) blocks.
We will be using a layer cake and 3 yards solid but feel free to use whatever fabric you like.
One block per week, posted on Sunday.
There is flickr group here.

At this point I'm not 100% sure of backing and binding yardage but estimating 4 yards backing and 1/2 yard binding.

First block (& all others) will be posted here June 6th!

Grab this button to post on your blog! Spread the word!



Who's in??

10 comments:

  1. Me too! Just joined the flickr group! Will add the cute star button to my blog too. This will be so fun! :)
    ~Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo count me in! I have added your button to my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm doing this too!! Hopefully my layer cake will come in the mail before you start. I also added your button and blogged it too. I'm really excited!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in! I'm following you now too so I don't miss anything. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in -- can't wait to start. Ordered my layer cake today, so I should be set to go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yipee!! I love star quilts! I can hardly wait! Now to rummage through the stash and see what looks star-able! Thanks so much for doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Since Sequana is participating, so am I. I love stars also!

    ReplyDelete

i love comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...